The Rampage Rear Sport Rack is made from lightweight, durable steel. It features a simple no-drill installation using factory mounting points. When not in use, high pressure gas shocks pull and hold the tray upright and out of the way.
Nothing fancy, but works great for my needs. Covers most of the rear cargo area, slowing down any would-be thieves (not 100% secure, but close enough for me), and increases storage space back there. Great for throwing a cooler on top and still having storage underneath. Also folds up out of the way when needed. If I could make one improvement (which I will), it would be to weld all the way around the platform instead of just spot-welding, to eliminate the rattling noise that can occur.
from Edmond, OK
3.0so far so good
wish the space between the rack and the tailgate was smaller although with the top down it can't be seen. Have not encountered any rattles or noise that was brought up by another user, must have fixed it. havent taken off the doors and roof yet looking forward to summer and being able to leave some stuff in the back
from lincoln, R.I.
Over all decent and solid product. It fit in my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited as advertised (be sure to double check your part number). Installation was generally easy and as per the instructions. I have some fit & finish issues with it's construction though.
- Latch points needed some tweaking so the hook could actually get around the metal (easy fix with a crescent wrench and some applied force).
- The actual tray does not fit squarely in its frame, leading to rubbing on the right side in the down position. Initial install was loosely tightened in hopes that all would settle in squarely. Not the case. A three inch piece of electrical tape on the rack side is a quick preventative measure agains bare metal/corrosion. See pictures.
- No buffer, rubber padding, etc of any kind on the roll bar collars = scratched paint on new jeep. Preventive fix was a thin coat of clear silicone or some thin rubber strips. Also, the threads on one of the collars was cross threaded (running the screw through backwards once fixed this).
- This thing rattled like a snare drum since the deck is only spot welded to the frame. Packing these seems with clear silicone helped dampen the noise.
- An available/optional rubber mat would be nice. A good piece of rubber and some adhesive appeared to do the trick though at (likely) half the cost.
At the end of the day, this product will do what you need it to at a reasonable price. BUT I would gladly pay an extra 10-15% for a more finely tuned version.
Thanks for the question. I show the dimensions of the Rampage Rear Sport Rack to be 42" long x 25" wide x 7" tall.
Is this currently in stock? How hard is it to install? I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Been looking for a cargo rack that will effectively split the back of the JK in half from top to bottom. I have already removed my rear seat.
Answer this question
Installation of the Rampage Rear Sport Rack RPP86624 is fairly simple with a few hand tools. No drilling is required and all the hardware is provided. This item is currently good in stock. Thank you for the email.
Located in Buford, Georgia, Rampage Products specializes in premium soft tops and interior/exterior accessories for Jeeps that enhance comfort and style on and off the trail. Made up of off-roading enthusiasts who strive to design with serious wheelers in mind, Rampage soft tops are precision engineered to stand up to a wide array of weather conditions. Interior accessories include grab handles, clinometers and seat covers and exterior ones include LED light bars, grille inserts and SEMA award-winning back up cameras. Rampage is dedicated to manufacturing products with innovative designs to quench the thirst of a diverse range of Jeep enthusiasts. Shop Rampage Now