Insane Audio is proud to present the all new JL3001, the ultimate head unit for your Jeep Wrangler JL or JT Gladiator. Insane Audio's JL3001 is built tough, packed with technology and ready for wherever your next adventure takes you. Insane Audio's JL3001 is IP66 waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and entirely solid state with no moving parts. A big, beautiful, 9" high definition touch screen display is perfectly integrated within your dash. Insane Audio's JL3001 comes pre-loaded with Insane NavEngine for on and offroad navigation with full 3D topography right onboard. With support for over 3.8 million apps, you can download your favorite apps directly to your Jeep. Put simply, Insane Audio's new JL3001 is an entirely new level of awesome and is ready to rock your rig!
The JL3001 is custom designed for all Jeep Wrangler JLs and Gladiator pickups. This means it fits like a glove, looks like it belongs and everything you need for a simple, straightforward install is in the box. No need to cut or modify any of your Jeep's wires. Insane Audio includes a plug and play wiring harness so installation is a breeze and realistically take around 15min. This is a fully integrated product so your steering wheel controls work right out of the box. Climate controls are fully integrated as are any OEM cameras.
The JL3001's 100% solid state design means no moving parts for a reliable, durable product. The next generation CPU architecture is lightning fast to keep things running smoothly. Insane Audio's JL3001 has Apple CarPlay onboard as well as Android Auto. But more importantly, we are able to run our own apps. With access to over 3.8 million apps on the Google Play Store, you can download your favorite apps directly to your Jeep for an entirely new level of awesome.
Not Apple friendly. There is much you can do with this h/u. Still learning how to use some of the functions. No owner’s manual available. If you have a question, you have to go back and forth thru emails. Very annoying imo.
from North west NJ
3.0Awesome product for the right individual
My review is going to be similar to one of the others but not quite as harsh. This unit is perfect for an Android Phone user who already pays for a hot spot on the phone plan. If you had a Sirius radio subscription you will be okay but will need to switch to using the app which isn't a deal breaker but definitely not as pleasant of an experience. They don't really mention this upfront as it's their policy to tell you what you are getting, not what you are not. NOW if you are an Apple Phone user, be prepared to be browbeat every time you ask a question. How could you not use your hot spot to access the thousands of Android apps available instead of using something like carplay. Ok, I bought into their feedback and made a real effort but due to an Apple or Verizon issue most feedback would blame Apple. It's a known issue all over the WWW if you search the hotspot drops within 5 minutes. Try calling Apple and they blame your carrier. Get the picture. So I can't do what they are asking me to do and I am in way too deep with my Iphone 11 pro max mortgage payment to bail right now. Carplay, don't get me started. It works about 60% of the time, more if I reboot the radio before I try. So I sit and wait for Apple to release an IOS that fixes this or more likely I move on to the next radio offering that really does what I was hoping for from this one. I know this review may sound a little bitter but again if you are the right android user this is an awesome product, easy to install, as well as easy to keep pulling it out to check things when they ask you to for troubleshooting.
If this all gets resolved I will definitely make another post letting everyone know.
5.0Best. Head Unit. Ever.
This thing is straight up awesome. Huge, bright and colorful high def touchscreen. This is way more than a radio - its like having a tablet in your Jeep. You can hook up to your phones hotspot and download apps. YouTube. Netflix. Amazon Prime. Anything. I've been spending hours in my garage just playing around with this. Their built in nav is pretty cool too and is offline (doesnt' require your phone). Even has a little Jeep driving down the trail. This is way cooler than any other radio I've ever seen. It's modern tech in your Jeep!
from Seattle, NY
I was excited to replace my stock Alpine head unit with the JL3001 and how it boasts its plug & play harness.....etc. Well, I’m going to share some information that had I known I wouldn’t have bought this head unit.
1) You will lose the capability of your factory SiriusXM receiver. If (like me) you just purchased a new Jeep and have 1 year of complimentary SiriusXM service, you will have to call SiriusXM and activate the streaming app, and then call your cell phone provider and pay an additional charge to “tether” your JL3001 to your cellphone so it will use your data plan to then stream SiriusXM service. So, in review, you lose something you already paid for, and will have to pay additional charges to your cell phone provider to get this back. Bonus information, when I complained about this to InsaneAudio, the support staff wrote me an email saying they do won’t warn people about what the head unit can’t do, and also said that the head unit doesn’t support other ancient technology like satellite radio, doesn’t come with a tape deck or a CD player. I knew this was a very customer service friendly company that the owner should be proud of, and their resellers should also know their customers are about the be treated like this.
2) The stereo includes 4 female USB cables that you route into your glovebox. Only one of those cables supports CarPlay. This means the factory USB ports in your Jeep are now “charge only” ports. It’s possible based on current draw, you might be able to plug a thumb drive with media into the factory ports, but InsaneAudio says that the factory ports are not powerful enough to use CarPlay. Funny, the factory head unit was able to scrape by somehow.
3) Your factory back up camera looks awful and washed out. It’s terrible, and then on InsaneAudio’s support forum they mention their cameras that they sell which are higher quality (but don’t mention that they also connect through the same composite video RCA cable the factory camera does after passing through a proprietary converter that you have to stuff behind your dash).
4) You’re buying an open box, it is not taped shut, and your head unit may or may not have a screen protector from the factory (mine didn’t, and I’ve been waiting a week now to hear what 4WheelParts will do about this), oh, and some of the spaghetti that is the “plug & play” wiring harnesses (yes, there are many) are also not sealed. Open the box and install the stereo, you’re now stuck with the purchase. Btw, no included user/instruction manual in the box. There is a slip of paper that points you to their support site. I leaned on the short videos they have quite heavily. Even a $75 Blu-ray player box is sealed & comes with a manual.
5) Apple CarPlay is advertised as a feature and is a trick to get working. You’ll need to look at InsaneAudio’s support forum (did I mention there is no user manual?), where just before they help you get Apple CarPlay working, you’re discouraged from using it.
6) Either this is a hardware, software, or shortcomings of the unit itself, but until they prove me wrong, this is a 2 channel amp. Your 4 factory speakers are left and right, there is no front and rear. Even the factory head unit is 4 channels. You can’t fade from front to rear.
7) Complicated to use: Apps apps apps! Your FM radio is an app (and I don’t have proof the FM receiver is an HD Radio receiver), your music player is an app, your navigation is an app, the EQ is an app, even playing music over bluetooth is a separate audio player app. If anything once you get CarPlay working it makes the this much easier to use...but they discourage it because you’re “wasting” the capability of the android tablet with a (until they prove me wrong) 2 channel stereo amplifier stuck on the back.
8) Keep your Bluetooth volume on your phone no more than 3/4 or you’ll overload the head unit and make crackling sounds through your speakers.
Overall, I regret this purchase. My Jeep stereo just got harder and inconvenient to use.
And I’m stuck with it because 4WheelDriveParts won’t allow me to return it since it’s been installed! Do you at times feel your smartphone is a pain? This is an Android tablet with an amp that fits in your dash. Good luck. You’ll be sitting in your driveway and pulling over a lot until you get the hang of it.
I am giving this a poor rating because this is not a plug and play system, they purposely do not warn you of this units shortcomings (admitted via an email from support staff).
from Orlando FL
5.0Jl3001 is an amazing radio!
Amazing radio. A little over priced in my opinion. The rear view cam is horribly misadjusted and maybe I can adjust it Im not sure. But other then that it’s a little complicated to figure out. Apple car play is not that great especially wired but I always thought Apple car play sucked anyway. The logo is exaggerated and so are the buttons at the bottom. Other then these things which I’m ok with not the biggest deal this radio is amazing. Sound quality from stock 5 inch base setup distorts so I replaced speakers. Eq actually does make a huge difference and the customization is endless. I’m a tech head and I’m lost in this radio.looks great. Fits great. Works perfect. Highly recommend.
Insane Jeep Audio's In-dash Navigation and Multimedia Entertainment Systems for Jeep Wrangler bring the mobile digital world into your Jeep dashboard. Insane Jeep Audio hires the best engineers to design its state-of-the-art sound equalizers and navigation systems. Your high-end Jeep speakers will "come alive" after you've installed an Insane Jeep Audio unit. Your navigation experience will include 3D maps with full topography, off-road trails and turn-by-turn directions. Since Insane Jeep Audio is run on an Android operating system, you can install your own apps on the units. Insane Jeep Audio stands behind their products with world class friendly and professional customer support. Shop Insane Jeep Audio Now