Truck Parts Home » Expert Advice
» Installing a RollBak G2 Tonneau Cover on a Toyota Tacoma
Installing a RollBak G2 Tonneau Cover on a Toyota Tacoma
RollBak G2 tonneau covers provide the security and accessibility that you need for your truck bed.
Congratulations on your purchase of a RollBak G2 tonneau cover! You can't beat the superior quality of Bak tonneau covers, which provide security, style, and function. The process of installing the RollBak G2 tonneau cover can be a lengthy one, so the 4 Wheel Parts experts are here take you through the process, step by step.
- Slide 3 square headed bolts into the tracks. Your rails will attach to these.
- Slide 2 square headed bolts in at the front end. Your hanger brackets will attach to these.
- Attach the hanger brackets as shown. Position them all the way forward and tighten securely.
- Hang your canister. Position it evenly with the front edge of your hanger brackets.
- Hold the canister in place with a set screw. Position the set screw in the center hole and drill straight into the hanger bracket.
- Align the bolts in the track with the slots in the outer rail. Slide the bolts to correspond with the slots in your rails.
- Slide the rail over the bolts as shown. Your rails will drop over the heads of the bolts.
- Leave a 1/8" gap between the rail and the tailgate. Slide the rail to the position.
- Tighten the rails in the correct positions.
- Slide the inner rail (track) into the outer rail, and all the way back.
- Loosely tighten at this point. DO NOT over-tighten.
- Slide the cover 6-8 inches into the rails.
- Tighten the bolt under the rail at the front. This will set the inner track in the correct position at the front end.
- Slide the inner tracks at the rear to the inside of the truck bed. The tracks should be at their narrowest positions at the rear of the bed.
- Pull the cover towards you. Stop 6 inches before you get all the way closed.
- Retract the latches before shutting fully. Make sure the latches are retracted so that they don't move the inner tracks.
- Once the tonneau cover is behind the latch stops, tighten the bolts. The rails will now be set in their correct positions at the rear.
- Attach the tailgate seal as shown. Make sure the small flap on the inside of the seal is at the bottom.
- Attach the tailgate cap as shown. Pre-fit the tailgate cap prior to peeling the 3M tape.
- Slide the tonneau cover open by releasing latches. Do not allow the cover to roll all the way into the canister.
- Tighten the nuts under the rails on both sides. DO NOT tighten the very front nuts at the canister end.
- Remove the nuts at the canister end. This is done in order to install the bracing bar.
- Attach the bracing bar as shown. The bracing bar will prevent the tonneau cover from sliding all the way into the canister.
- Add a lock nut under the regular nut. This will prevent the bracing bar from vibrating loose.
- Add the rubber seal to the bulk head rail. Trim the seal to the correct length.
- Pre-fit the lid. The brush seal under the lid will rest above the RollBak slats.
- Slide the lid brackets under the lid. The lid will fit in between the brackets.
- Remove the lid, leaving the brackets in position. Mount brackets with provided screws into well nuts in the hanger brackets.
- Reposition the lid between the brackets and screw the brackets to the side of the lid. The brackets have pre-existing holes through which the screws will pass.
- Your install is now complete!