Truck Parts Home » Expert Advice
» How to Install a RollBak G2 Tonneau Cover on a Chevy
How to Install a RollBak G2 Tonneau Cover on a Chevy
Get security, style, and function with a RollBak G2 tonneau cover.
Congratulations on your purchase of a RollBak G2 tonneau cover! These tonneau covers offer a number of amazing benefits. First of all, they have tamper-proof locks so your cargo will remain safe. Plus, each tonneau cover is designed to be weatherproof, making sure that your cargo doesn't incur any rain or snow damage. And of course, the sleek and stylish design can only enhance the appearance of your truck. There are a number of steps to installing this great tonneau cover, but the 4 Wheel Parts experts are here to guide you through it.
- Install the hanger brackets as shown. The longer section from the plastic nutsert to the edge of your bracket goes against the cab wall.
- Mount your canister on the hanger brackets.
- Add 3 shims by peeling and sticking them down. The shims on a Chevy go at the lowest edge of your inner rails.
- Mount your rails between the canister and closed tailgate. Use clamps wherever you have shims.
- Remove plastic shrink wrap from canister as shown.
- Feed the cover into the rail about 6 inches.
- Adjust the inner tracks inwards (1/4 inch away from slats).
- Tighten nuts under rails at canister end.
- Grease your rails with WD40 or silicone spray.
- Move inner tracks at rear to narrowest position.
- Pull the tonneau cover straight backwards. Restrict the latch so that it doesn't interfere with the latch catch on the inner track.
- Once the tonneau cover is all the way back, tighten the nuts at tailgate end.
- Pull the release cable and guide the tonneau cover back. DO NOT allow cover to go all the way into the canister. Tie it off if you need to.
- When this is done, tighten the rest of the nuts under your rails. Do this on both sides.
- Locate your bracing bar and remove the lock nuts as shown. The bracing bar will stop your tonneau cover from retracting all the way into your canister.
- Loosen the nuts under your rails at the canister end. Your bracing bar will mount using these from bolts.
- Mount the bracing bar as shown, with the rubber bumpers facing you.
- Add the lock nuts.
- Retract your tonneau cover closed again.
- Add tailgate seal to rear slate as shown. Work your way from the driver's side to the passenger's side. Trim seal to length.
- Shut tailgate to ensure a good tight seal.
- Open and close your tonneau cover to test operation.
- Now attach your lid brackets to the plastic nutserts as shown.
- Position your lid in between the mounted brackets. The felt brush seal goes over the cover and the rubber seal goes against the bulk head rail.
- Position 2 screws into the side of the lid through brackets.
- Add your drain tubes to the valves at the rear of the canister. Run them out of holes in your truck.